Friday, May 18, 2012

growing pains.

Avery has been sleeping in our room in her cousin's co-sleeper since she was born. When she turned 3 months, I said I would move her over to her own room and her own crib. But then 4 months passed, 5 months, then 6 months. I just wasn't able to let her go and wanted her next to me. After her bath Wednesday night (when she turned 7 months exactly) she fell asleep in her crib. I decided to leave her in there just to see what happens. Surprisingly, she was able to sleep through the night on her own! She's been sleeping in there since. Though I know I should be happy that I won't need to put her through sleep training, I am actually a little bit sad. The room feels empty without her. Am I suffering from baby empty nest syndrome? Well, I guess finally we can put the monitor to use. Kinda creepy, no?


No comments: