Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I heart L.A.

I had a blast down in Los Angeles these past few days! We stayed at the BFF's place with her fiancee, her pup Beans, and two other pals who drove down from the bay area. Some highlights of this trip:

1) Surprise birthday gift from BFF - Lady GaGa concert tickets in August! Guess I will be going down again! I can't express how lucky and thankful I am.

2) The Bazaar - Supposedly a magical dining experience. For me, it was more about the company. However, there were interesting dishes such as the Cotton Candy Foie Gras and Sea Urchin Bao pictured below. I don't think it was worth the money, but it was fun anyhow.



3) Crumbs Cupcakes - I didn't end up getting my slice of Triple Berry Cake from Sweet Lady Jane, but the hubby surprised me with cupcakes from Crumbs and get this, a Red Velvet cupcake on steroids! Check it out:



4) BFF won the best direction award for her film "til death do us part". So proud of her! There are only 4 awards given every year. Although not updated yet, check out the site for more info: http://www.studentgroups.ucla.edu/aso/#/Awards-03-01/

5) Got to hang out with an old friend from high school and also my 8 months preggers friend Nanren - she's about to pop! She said being preggers is miserable. My mom-in-law confirmed it and also told her it's worse after the baby pops out. Mom-in-law is brutally honest.

6) BFF and I tried to learn New Edition's "If it isn't Love" dance routine for her wedding but it was a failure. However, we probably burned off a few calories from all the food we've been eating. I'm guessing 10?

7) J.Crew Romper - BFF and I purchased identical rompers from J.Crew but mine is floral patterned and hers is bright orange like the one below. It's quite comfy and we love it! The model below looks hungry. Clearly, the BFF and I look better in the romper than she does.


8) RIP jeans - Somehow, my jeans ripped right at the ass area and I didn't even notice until my right ass cheek felt a bit cold while sitting on the bench at The Bazaar. Thank god for the romper I bought.

No comments: