Friday, February 12, 2010

I heart W.

W = William, my long time hairstylist since 1999.

I was introduced to Willy by a beautiful college friend of mine - Ana. She was tall, thin, model-like, had a cute pixie cut and was always oh-so-stylish. I was so envious! Every time we walked to class together, I would feel utterfugly next to her. Anyway, she introduced me to him, and after my first visit, it was love at first cut. (We used to call him Willy but he now prefers "William".)

When I first started going to William, he rented a station from a hair salon in downtown Campbell. He then moved on to sharing a salon (Umbrella Salon) with a partner in downtown San Jose. And then eventually, he established himself as an award winning creative director and opened his own salon in Santana Row! I myself, have introduced so many people to him that I think I should have gotten commission. Maybe I'm just a super loyal customer but if anyone is curious, go and make an appointment with him - W Salon. Beware, he is pricey.

My hair was in dire need of intervention and so I made an appointment and went in for a haircut today. I ended up getting some highlights as well. Lucky for me, William was able to squeeze my coloring into his schedule. I won't tell you how much I ended up spending...including hair products he used in my hair, and also for my significant other who likes William as well..always more than I expected. But, all I can say is I felt fantabulous! William always says after his creation "you look like a model who just walked off the catwalk." If only.

My mushroom head bangs - which will probably look like this for today only because I'll end up pinning it tomorrow:

No comments: